The house was built in 1898 and was owned by S. and A. Bugailos. In 1898–1899, Sofija Kymantaitė-Čiurlionienė visited this house. Marija Bugailytė (Pacevičienė), the daughter of S. and A. Bugailos, and Sofija were friends. Engaged to M.K. Čiurlionis in 1908, Sofija spent summer in this house. M. K. Čiurlionis visited her here in the summers of 1908–1909.
On 21 September 1969, a commemorative plaque, a bas-relief created by Dalia Zubovaitė-Palukaitienė, was unveiled on the wall of this house.